Today, we’re proud to announce that Toshi is becoming Coinbase Wallet.
Toshi was developed by the Coinbase team a little over a year ago. When the product launched, it featured the world’s first mobile dapp browser. Later, we became the first wallet to launch crypto collectibles. Our goal was to make managing crypto and accessing the decentralized web as easy as downloading an app on your mobile phone. And as part of our effort to be the most trusted brand in the space, we also set out to provide best-in-class secure storage. With Coinbase Wallet, your private keys are secured using your device’s Secure Enclave and biometric authentication technology.
What can you do with Coinbase Wallet?
We’re redefining what you should expect a crypto wallet to be. Coinbase Wallet is more than just a tool to access your cryptocurrency — we view it as your home-base for exploring the decentralized web and its possibilities.
With Coinbase Wallet, you have the ability to:
• Manage ETH and all your ERC-20 tokens (very soon we’ll be supporting BTC, BCH and LTC).
• Receive airdrops and ICO tokens.
• Buy and store crypto collectibles — non-fungible tokens that are unique — and use them in games, or trade them on marketplaces.
• Send payments to anyone anywhere, without geographical borders or fees.
• Access leading decentralized exchanges and relayers to buy and sell tokens.
• Explore the full universe of third party dapps that enable everything from taking out a loan or lending to others on the blockchain to earning crypto by answering questions, performing services, or completing tasks.
Coinbase Wallet has emerged as the platform of choice for crypto entrepreneurs building mobile dapps that can be accessed through a crypto wallet or browser — many of which we are also investors in.
If you already use Toshi, you can look forward to the same great product, with a brand new look. Your Toshi app will automatically upgrade to Coinbase Wallet shortly.